Sailor 2025 is the Navy's program to improve and modernize personnel management and training systems to more effectively recruit, develop, manage, reward, and retain the force of tomorrow.
It is focused on empowering Sailors, updating policies, procedures, and operating systems, and providing the right training at the right time in the right way to ensure Sailors are ready for the Fleet.
There are three primary pillars of the 2025 initiative:
- Personnel System Modernization
- Ready Relevant Learning (RRL)
- Career Readiness
Learn more about Sailor 2025 at the links below:
- Sailor 2025 Fact Sheet (May 22, 2017)
The RRL initiative is a profound transformation in training that will affect more than 75 percent of U.S. Navy enlisted ratings. This transformation will improve individual Sailor performance and enhance Fleet Readiness through three lines of effort:
- Career-Long Learning Continuum: Learning roadmaps that link requirements with real-world Fleet needs so that Sailors get the right training at the right time throughout their careers.
- Modern Delivery Point of Need: Modernized content and multiple delivery options to accelerate learning, minimize atrophy, and provide on-the-job performance support.
- Integrated Content Development: Significant reductions in the cost and time for getting the most relevant training to the Fleet, thereby increasing agility in a rapidly changing world.
RRL has three stages of evolutions, which include:
- Block Learning
- Enhanced, Accessible Learning
- Modern, On-Demand, Fleet Responsive Learning
Click on the links below to learn more:
- RRL EA Vision and Guidance
- RRL EA Vision and Guidance Brief