About the Speakers Bureau
This U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command welcomes the opportunity to share with our communities the story of the U.S. Navy, its important mission and the Sailors and government civilians who serve the Navy with pride. The objective of the Speakers Bureau is informing, educating and increasing the understanding of the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
No Cost for Speakers
There are no fees associated with requesting a Navy speaker. Speakers are not allowed to accept fees to stipends for speaking engagements, and speakers are not allowed to accept repayment for expenses. Travel expenses are covered by the speaker's command. USFF does not have the authority to accept payment from organizations for travel expendses for speaking engagements.
Organization and Event Information
Requesting organizations must be open to membership from all races, creed, color, gender or national origin. Requesting organizations must be open to membership from all races, creed, color, gender or national origin. Speakers may not participate in any activity or event associated with:
- Promotional activities, endorsements or marketing for private businesses
- Events that provide a selective benefit to the promotion, endorsement or sponsorship of an individual, group or organization, including any religious or sectarian organizations, ideological movement, political campaign or organization or commerical enterprise.
- Any activity in which a group has been unlawfully segregated or unequally treated on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or sexual orientation
- Events that are associated with partisan political activities
- Organizations that withhold their constitutions, bylaws or membership qualifications from the general public
- Organizations or activities expressing ideals contrary to U.S. govenment policy
Requests for a Speaker
Please request speakers three months or more before the event, but no less than 30 days before the event. Generally, the higher the rank, the busier the schedule and more lead time is necessary. Even with enough time; however, USFF cannot guarentee a requested speaker's availability.
Important Note: Because of U.S. Navy emergent mission needs, not every speaking engagement request may be filled. In many cases, while we may not be able to provide a by-name request speaker, we may be able to faciliatate alternative speakers.