Force Protection and Anti-Terrorism
U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command serves as the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) designated executive agent for force protection and anti-terrorism (AT). USFF tasks are:
- Command, control, and execute the operational force protection mission for all Navy forces, shore activities, and facilities throughout the U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) area of responsibility.
- In coordination with Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet (COMPACFLT), Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe/U.S. Naval Forces Africa (COMUSNAVUER/COMUSNAVAF), Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (COMUSNAVCENT), Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command (COMUSNAVSO), and cognizant resource sponsors, articulate integrated authoritative fleet AT warfighting, readiness and personal capability requirements to the CNO.
- In coordination with COMPACFLT, COMUSNAVUER/COMUSNAVAF, COMUSNAVCENT, COMUSNAVSO, develop Navy AT doctrine, concept of operations (CONOPS) and tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Establish and implement physical security and law enforcement standards and policies in the continental U.S., and generate Navy-wide requirements.
- Conduct capability, compliance and risk-based assessments of all naval vessel security processes (e.g., in-port security plans, high-value unit escorts, force protection special events) prior to, during, and upon completion of all port visits in the USNORTHCOM area of responsibility.
- Develop and provide oversight of force protection deployment certification for assigned fleet operating forces.