Privacy and Security Notice
This privacy and security notice is provided as a public service by U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, or to report any technical or accessibility problems, please forward them to the USFF Webmaster.
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) guidelines. All data collection activities are in strict accordinace with DoD Directive 5240.01.
- Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, conduct measurement and analysis of useage, or to customize your experience. The DoD does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the internet outside of DoD websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The DoD does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructionsfor how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCTs are available at https://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Unless otherwise stated, no personally identifiable information (PII) is collected.
Information Collected for Statistical Purposes
USFF does not use non-expiring persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
USFF does not use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active until you close your browser, in order for the user to retain their progress in accomplishing our online training products. No database of information obtained from cookies is kept.
External Links Disclaimer
The appearance of external hyperlinks on this website does not constitute endorsement by the federal government, the Department of Defense, the Department of the Navy (DoN), or U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command, of non-U.S. government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein.
For other than authorized activities such as Navy recruiting, institutions of higher learning, military exchanges, and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) websites, the DoN does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at non-U.S. government linked locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoN website.