USFF Inspector General (IG) Office
Fleet Inspector General Hotline:1-800-533-2397
The purpose of the Hotline Program is to identify and eliminate fraud, waste, and inefficiencies in the operation of the Navy. To be effective, the program requires all personnel to be vigilant against the possibility of illegal or improper acts, and to report to the chain of command, or an IG, any improprieties in this regard.
The IG investigates matters involving:
- We encourage you to submit allegation(s) in writing in one of the following ways, email, fax or by letter. Our experience has shown that written complaints are more organized, provide more details, and are less emotional.
- We will evaluate your complaint and request more information, if necessary. Keep in mind, if we conduct an investigation, you will be interviewed and you will be able to provide additional information and documents at that time.
- Abuse of authority/position
- Bribes/kickbacks/acceptance of gratuities
- Conflicts of interest
- Ethics volations
- False official statements/cClaims
- Fraud/travel fraud (TDY and TAD)
- Gifts (improper receipt or giving)
- Improper referral for mental health evaluations
- Mismanagement/organization oversight (significant cases)
- Misuse of official time, government property, position and/or public office
- Political activities
- Procurement issues
Purchase card/travel card abuse
- Reprisal (military whistleblower protection)
- Systemic problems
- Time attendance (significant violations)
- Waste (gross)
Four-Step Hotline Complaint Procedure
The Fleet Inspector General reserves the right to decline to investigate any matter brought to our attention.
You should first attempt to resolve problems using the chain of command and other local resources.
If these attempts fail, however, you may follow the 4-Step Hotline Complaint Procedure ooutlined in the document below.
* If you cannot open this fillable form for any reason, right-click on the link, left-click "Save Target As..." and save the form on your desktop. You will then be able to open the form, fill it in, and save it. After you've done that, simply attach it to an email from you to email@example.com
- Please download the document in word processing document format (57Kb) HERE.
- Please download the document in PDF format (63Kb) HERE.
- Please download the "fillable" USFF Hotline Complaint Form in PDF format (483Kb) HERE.
The email address you provide as part of the above solicitation is not maintained in any Privacy Act system of records. The information provided will only be used to respond to such inquiries and will be destroyed after a response has been forwarded to that email address.