Global Force Management
U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command serves as the Navy global force manager. USFF tasks are as follows:
- Adjudicates responses to force demand signals and provides Joint Staff Operations (J3) with integrated Navy global force sourcing solutions
- Develops recommended global source solutions to combatant commander (CCDR) requests for Navy general-purpose forces, ad hoc forces, and individual augmentees (IAs).
- Develops recommended global sourcing solutions in response to CCDR requirements for general purpose forces, ad-hoc forces, and IAs in coordination with U.S. Pacific Fleet, Commander; U.S. Naval Forces Europe/U.S. Naval Forces Africa; Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command; Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command; and other Navy Echelon II commands.
- Develops an integrated Navy global posture that details commitment, readiness, availability, deployment, and redeployment information for assigned and attached forces.
- Develop risk assessments to the global maritime posture resulting from proposed sourcing solutions.
- Provides oversight and input into the Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES) for time-phased force deployment data management in support of CCDR force flow requirements.