From: Commanding Officer, USS BARRY (DDG 52)
To: SR Joe Navy, USN
1. Congratulations on your orders to USS BARRY (DDG 52)! You are joining the crew of the finest
Destroyer in the fleet. BARRY is the
fourth U.S. Navy ship to be named after the Revolutionary War hero, Commodore
John Barry, the father of the U.S. Navy.
2. Your sponsor is PO Last Name, First Name and can be reached
via email at sponsor’s firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact your sponsor and advise him/her
of your anticipated date and time of arrival to the ship, as well as any
questions or problems you have regarding your transfer.
3. BARRY is currently homeported in Yokosuka, Japan. As a member of Commander, U.S. Seventh
Fleet’s Forward Deployed Naval Forces (FDNF), you can expect a busy operational
schedule throughout the Western Pacific.
You can also expect a very rewarding tour onboard.
4. Your sponsor will arrange to have you picked up at the
airport upon arrival. In the event that
a BARRY Sailor is unable to provide transportation, Personnel Support
Detachment (PSD) runs a bus that departs from Narita civilian airport to Fleet
Activities Yokosuka at 1500, 1730, and 1900 on a daily basis. Check in for bus transportation is at the
Military Liaison Desk located at Terminal 1 information counter. The bus ride is approximately two to three
hours and will drop you off at PSD Yokosuka.
There is also transportation provided from Yokota Air Force Base to PSD Yokosuka. It is important that you keep your sponsor
updated on your exact arrival flight information so that the command can
5. If you would like to get in contact with our ombudsman, Mrs.
Valerie Flores, please call +81-80-5973-2004 (international) or email@example.com.
Per regulations, E-3 and junior are not
authorized to move their family members to Japan.
6. Again, welcome aboard, Shipmate! Checking into a ship in Yokosuka is a very
busy time. As a member of the BARRY
Bulldog Family, you are not alone. We
will do everything we can to help make it a smooth transition. I look forward to seeing you aboard and
sailing with you.
Officer, USS BARRY (DDG 52)