Navy Family Ombudsman Program
- Ensures a responsive and accurate source of information between commands and families.
- Provides an effective, well-trained information and referral service.
- Provides a proactive information and education resource via carelines, newsletters, telephone/email trees, and briefings.
- Delivers a positive spokesperson and role model for family members.
- In conjunction with the Navy's sponsor program, can facilitate the smooth transition of Sailors and their families during PCS moves.
- Has proven to be invaluable during natural and man-made disasters.
- Serves as a critical link for families during mobilization or geographic separation.
- The Navy Family Ombudsman Program enables service members to be more focused and productive at work because their families have a safety net.
Since the Navy recruits Sailors, but retains families, families who are satisfied with the Navy lifestyle will more likely choose to stay Navy.
Contact Our Ombudsman:
Phone: (757) 636-2516