Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Scholarship Program
The NROTC has a limited number of scholarships available for students to attend MSI schools, which encompass Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), High Hispanic Enrollment (HHE) schools, and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSI).
If you are interested in attending one of the schools listed below, you may be eligible and could be nominated for the MSI scholarship.
Applicants may be of any gender, race, or ethnic background.
Must meet all Navy-Option NROTC Scholarship eligibility requirements (see https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/nstc/nrotc/entrance_requirements.aspx) as well as:
ACT: 21 Math; 22 English
ACT Combined score of 47 is NOT REQUIRED for MSI Scholarship
If combined test score below 47, must respond positively to the MSISR interest question in the application in order for application to be processed
- Any combination of scores, regardless of test type, can be utilized to achieve the minimum test scores of each category.
- Applicants must apply to one of the NROTC affiliated MSIs, if not currently enrolled.
- Applicants must be admitted to the MSI in order to use their scholarship if selected.
No later than 31 December 2020
No later than 26 February 2021
- Contact the NROTC Unit at the MSI you plan on attending to gain a nomination from the Commanding Officer for the MSI scholarship.
No later than 31 March 2021
- NROTC Units will forward nominations to the selection board
Week of 19 April 2021
- MSI Scholarship board will convene
Complete the on-line application
- Work with your NROTC Coordinator to ensure the application is completely processed and ready for board consideration.
- All MSISR Applicants must conduct an NROTC Applicant Fitness Assessment (AFA) and provide their scores to their recruiter in order for their application to be considered complete and forwarded for consideration by the selection board.
- The test consists of abdominal crunches, push-ups, and a one-mile run. The purpose of the test is to evaluate your level of physical fitness.
- See the following links for details of how to conduct the AFA.
Contact the NROTC Unit at the MSI you plan on attending to gain a nomination.
If interested, contact the NROTC Unit at the MSI you wish to attend for further Information.
A list of MSI schools can be found below.