Navy Music Program
Naval Station Great Lakes
Naval Service Training Command
United States Navy
> Wind Ensemble
The Navy Band Great Lakes
is comprised of 45 professional musicians under the direction of
LT Geordie F. O. Kelly, USN.
The ensemble continues the legacy of bandmaster Lieutenant Commander John Philip Sousa, spreading the tradition of military music throughout the Midwest. The Wind Ensemble's repertoire consists of serious band works, patriotic music, Americana, and, featured solo vocal and instrumental selections. In addition to frequent free and open-to-the-general-public community concerts, this unit performs throughout the Midwestern United States for national holidays and educational programs.
For performance, the
- 30' x 40' dry, level, and stable performance area
- Two 120 volt 20 amp circuits within 50' of stage area
- Close proximity parking and unloading areas for four 15-passenger vans and two 26' five-ton trucks
- A secure, nearby area for storage of musical instrument cases and equipment
- Changing rooms (male and female)
July 13th, 2018
Navy Band Great Lakes - 2815 Barry Place Bldg. 150 Great Lakes, IL 60088
This is an official U.S. Navy Website.
All information on this site is approved by the
NSTC Public Affairs Office.
For technical issues, contact the