Reporting Procedures: TEMADD, PCS or ACDUTRA orders are required for all courses. The orders must identify course
number and title, student's name, rate/rank and social security number.
1) Students must report to classes no later than 7:30 a.m. on class convening date. Students on PCS (permanent change of station) orders or from out-of-area and arriving earlier than class convening must have orders stamped at the main side Quarterdeck building 1262.
2) Students who arrive on class convening day, report directly to the following locations: Bldg 39, Ford Island - NSVT, GCCSM, ANA, JNC, End to End, ADNS, W2K Delta, EKMS, SEWTR, SEWOJ. NIOC HAWAII Kunia - BCLP Bldg 324 all other CT courses.
3) Standby seats will be filled at 7:45 a.m. with "walk-in" personnel on a first-come, first-served basis. "Walk-ins" are those personnel who need training and who were unable to receive a quota reservation.
4) Students who arrive for schools must meet course prerequisites or may be returned to their parent activity. You must ensure that your prospective student meets all prerequisites or that the training course manager approved your waiver request. Students must also meet obligated service requirements per the MILPERSMAN and/or the Enlisted Transfer Manual.
Command Obligations. Student performance is improved when regular duty requirements do not interfere with student requirements after the school day is completed. Advanced training courses are short, intensive training periods. We recommend students reporting for formal courses become exempt from standing duty.
Uniforms. Students must comply with Navy standards of dress and grooming. Unless otherwise specified by the course managers, summer uniforms are prescribed and are as directed by Commander, Naval Region, Hawaii. Uniform of the day is Navy Working Uniform for all students. Navy Service Uniform, Summer Whites for E-7 and above and Dress Whites for E-6 and below are permitted.
Class Attendance. Students attending courses of instruction without TEMADD orders remain under the administrative control of the parent command. The parent command shall ensure that the student reports to class on time each day as assigned.
Class Periods/Hours. Classes normally consist of eight hours of instruction a day with lunch break. Standard class hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Discipline. A breach of discipline on liberty or duty will result in immediate disciplinary action, which may include dis-enrollment and return to parent command.
Berthing. Berthing arrangements for students will be made by the parent command. Naval Station Pearl Harbor Combined Bachelor Quarters (CBQ) Reservation may be contacted at (808) 421-4500.
Navy funded berthing will be arranged with the designated commercial travel office (SATO) in conjunction with official travel. If berthing cannot be confirmed, student orders must authorize per diem.
Leave. Leave, except for emergency leave, will not be granted to student personnel unless authorized in their orders by the parent command. Modification to orders authorizing leave will not be honored unless received in writing prior to student's scheduled departure date.
Messing. Naval Station, Pearl Harbor provides messing facilities for students. Requests for non-availability are the responsibility of Naval Station, Pearl Harbor.
Transportation. Most school locations are within walking distance of all CBQs; Ford Island schools require transportation.
1) Out-of-area students arriving at Honolulu International Airport should contact NAVSUBTRACENPAC CDO/OOD at (808) 473-1490 to inquire on the availability of military transportation to Bldg 1262A, SUBASE. Otherwise, a commercial taxi may be taken.
2) Automobile passes to the Naval Station, Pearl Harbor, may be obtained at the PASS & ID office located at the corner of Nimitz Highway and Center Drive.
Parking. For classes located at Ford Island park across the street from Bldg 39 and Bldg 26A.
Additional information on base activities and services (including berthing, messing and commissary) is available on the internet at the following URL addresses:
PSD Pearl Harbor (
Navy Region Hawaii (
Naval Station Pearl Harbor (