- DEFENSE LANGUAGE APTITUDE BATTERY (DLAB)
- The DLAB measures the aptitude for foreign language learning by the typical native English speaker. The DLAB may be administered to personnel who are interested in:
- applying for foreign language training
- being screened for assignment to foreign language training
- Cryptologic Technician Interpretive (CTI)
- Olmstead Scholarship Foundation Program
- Foreign Area Officer (FAO)
- Personnel Exchange Program (PEP)
DEFENSE LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST (DLPT)
The DLPT is the only DOD test that measures a service member's proficiency in a foreign language in listening and/or reading. Sailors needing to establish foreign language proficiency or to re-certify for Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB), or to establish/maintain a language NEC are authorized to test.
ORAL PROFICIENCY INTERVIEW (OPI)
An OPI is a phone conversation between a foreign language instructor and a linguist that determines a service member's speaking proficiency. An OPI must be submitted by an approved Test Control Officer (TCO) through the Navy Foreign Language Testing Office Web-site.
The Navy values your language skills! Sailors demonstrating foreign language proficiency through official testing may qualify for bonus pay, special assignments, a Language NEC, and/or college credit as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE). Learn more and schedule your test today by visiting: https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/information-warfare-training/n-dfltp
- NAVY FOREIGN LANGUAGE TESTING OFFICE
- Program Manager DSN 459-6529 / COM 850-452-4579
- Testing Coordinator DSN 459-6177 / COM 850-452-6177