Report to Building 420, Layton Hall, NLT 7:00a.m. on the first day of training for course indoctrination. If residing off Dam Neck Annex, plan accordingly for traffic delays entering the base during peak hours (6:30 am - 8:00 am). The first two rows of parking at Building 420 are reserved for staff members; students should park beyond this area.
- If you are authorized for individual billeting, make reservations at the Navy Gateway Inns and Suites Dam Neck Annex (1-877-NAVY-BED).
- In cases of non-availability, several hotels are within 10 miles of Dam Neck Annex.
- Students should verify the lodging type authorized via orders before committing funds and seeking reimbursement from the government
Personal electronic devices (PEDs) (e.g., phones, laptops, digital media players, GPS watches, Fitbit, electronic cigarettes, wireless modems, Bluetooth devices) are not permitted in spaces that store, handle and process classified information; limited storage exists for PEDs. Personnel must conduct a self-check prior to entering spaces that store, handle and process classified information to avoid a command security violation. Seized PEDs will be forensically searched by the security manager to ensure the absence of classified material prior to being returned to the service member. Violations may result in confiscation of the device and disciplinary action under the UCMJ, including legal action against the offending employee, contractor or visitor. To further protect classified material and reduce the risk of unauthorized disclosure, personnel are not permitted to bring large bags (e.g., book bags, gym bags, oversized purses) into spaces that store, handle and process classified information.
All students will report with a copy of their orders (include any and all order modifications), Page 2, and, if possible, medical and dental records. Any administrative need (such as travel claims or annual leave) may require additional documentation; students should bring all supporting documents. Reservists need to verify their Page 2 in NSIPS before reporting and have a copy of most recent LES. For any questions, please contact the IWTC Student Management office at 757-492-0061.
All students are required to complete the latest version of the Intelligence Community Cyber Security Awareness training in order to obtain a training account. Please bring a copy your certificate of completion when you check-in.
Students are administratively assigned to either Training Support Center (TSC) Hampton Roads (this includes, but is not limited to, Sailors attending ‘A’ school or the Naval Intelligence Officer Basic Course) or their parent command (this includes personnel attending a course in a Temporary Additional Duty status and orders to return to their command upon course completion).
- • Sailors wear Navy Working Uniform Type I (digital blue pattern) or Type III (digital green pattern) Monday through Thursday and Navy Service / Khaki uniform on Friday.
- Sailors wear Navy Working Uniform Type I (digital blue pattern) Monday through Thursday and Navy Service / Khaki uniform on Friday.
- Graduations during the summer are held in Summer Whites; graduations not held during the summer occur in Service Dress Blues.
Congratulations on your assignment to Information Warfare Training Command Virginia Beach. We look forward to having you on the team. Your sponsor is tasked with addressing any questions and issues you or your family may have related to your transition. To identify or contact your sponsor, please call the Quarterdeck at (757) 492-0001 / (757) 492-0002 during normal working hours and request to speak to the sponsor coordinator. For Administrative issues please email Admin: IWTC_VB_Admin@navy.mil