All Chaplain Corps professional development courses focus on preparing students with the mission-essential training, ready, relevant learning to provide religious ministry in the sea services.
NCSC provides Chaplain Corps professional development training annually to chaplains and religious program specialists at Navy and Marine Corps fleet locations.
Professional Development Training Workshop (PDTW)
Course Length: 1 day
Provides fleet-required training established by the Chaplain Corps community leader.
Professional Development Training Course
Course Length: 3 days
Provides professional development through education and training for Navy chaplains and religious program specialists to enhance Religious Ministry and pastoral care to sea services personnel, their dependents, and other authorized persons. The Chaplain Corps Professional Development Training Course addresses a single subject each year as selected by the program sponsor, the Chief of Chaplains (N097).
Course dates and registration info are available at:
- Catalog of Navy Training Courses (CANTRAC) - https://app.prod.cetars.training.navy.mil/cantrac/vol2.html
- Naval Chaplaincy School and Center on MilSuite (CAC required) - https://www.milsuite.mil/
Individual student training documentation is maintained electronically in the Corporate enterprise and Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS). These records document reservations for a course, enrollment date, graduation date, performance data, and any event that may cause interruption of instruction, such as medical or legal hold. Information on courses attended by students, graduation information, and other data become a permanent part of the student Electronic Training Jacket (ETJ).
NCSC is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Continuing Education Units
Professional development courses award Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs will vary from each course length and duration.
- Professional development training is aligned with identified training requirements through the Instructional System Design (ISD) process, which includes Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (PADDIE) as found in the NAVEDTRA 130 series.
- CIN: Course Identification Number - A CIN is a unique number identifying a formal Navy Course.
- CDP: Course Data Processing Code - The code assigned to uniquely identify each course of instruction and its location.
- Course Length: The number of days encompassed by convene (start) date, instructional days, weekends, official holidays and graduation date. The course length is usually the same for all CDPs within a CIN; however, in the event an activity has a need to teach the course over a shorter or a longer period of time, the Constrained Length is entered, along with the Capacity Type that is responsible for the duration difference.