The uniform requirements for LDO and CWO students at OTC Newport have
changed. Effective immediately, Full Dress Blue or Full Dress White
uniform is required while at the Academy.
Summer uniform shift will take effect at time 0001 the last Monday
of the month of April. Winter uniform shift will take effect at time
0001 the first Monday of the month of October. Should your class
cover both periods, you must bring both winter and summer uniforms.
The following uniform Items are required for training while at LDO
and CWO Academy:
- Navy Working Uniform (NWU) – daily wear
- Full Dress Blue and/or Full Dress White (Large Medals required)
- Service Khaki uniform with ribbons and all required components
- Combination cover
- Khaki garrison cap
- Navy black shoes; brown uniform shoes authorized
- Navy PTU
- Running shoes
- Conservative swimwear (PT shorts for males; one-piece black or
blue swim suit for females) when desiring to complete the Navy
Second Class Swimmer qualification.
- NWU Parka (w/ Black Fleece Liner)
- Navy black (Eisenhower) jacket (Liner recommended)
- Navy issue watch cap and gloves
- Business casual attire (Sport Coat/Dress, slacks/skirt and
casual shirt with collar) for class graduation dinner. Contact staff
for seasonal requirement.
NOTE 1: Physical Training begins immediately upon arrival and you can
expect to wear the Navy PTU 4-5 days a week. We highly recommend that
you bring several sets of Navy PTU.