DCO Indoctrination Course - Required
Paperwork/Items to Bring
Below is the required paperwork needed for each student reporting to
Officer Training Command Newport. You will receive all paperwork
back at the end of the course.
Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course Required
- Reserve Orders and any Modifications (Original Copy)
- Copies of prescriptions from civilian physicians if taking
prescription medication. At minimum, a 2 week supply of medication
should be hand carried with you. This includes inhalers and
- Flu vaccine records (especially if they have been given by a
civilian provider and haven't been recorded by the military medical
- Extra eyeglasses or contact lenses as well as your eye
prescription in case of damage or loss.
- Naval Operational Support Center (NOSC) Name/Phone/Fax
- **Special Dietary and Religious needs must be expressed on the
first day of training. OTCN will do everything possible to
accommodate all special and religious needs without compromising
- Money: Meals will be paid for by each student prior to graduating from DCOIC. Meals
cost approximately $14.00/day or approximately $100 per week. Only credit/debit cards
or personal checks are accepted as payments for meals at the Navy Galley. Additionally,
students should plan on uniform expenses to be approximately $2,000 - $3,000 if they arrive
with no uniforms. Uniforms must be paid for at the beginning of training. Other expenses
are included on the FAQ page.
Dependency Application/Record of Emergency Data
Please verify your NSIPS Dependency Data WITHIN 180 DAYS OF
REPORTING on AT/ADT orders to avoid any delays in processing your
pay. Members must verify all applicable dependents (including
spouse) are marked "Co-located". Please work with your NOSC/Unit to
correct any discrepancies.
To verify/update dependency data:
- Login into NSIPS:
- Once logged in click on "View Personal Information" in the
middle of page.
- Then choose "Dependency Data" link.
- Scroll through your dependency data. If everything looks good
click the blue "Yes" button (the last verification date will not
update until you go out of the page and go back in).
- If you do have changes to make to your dependency data, this
needs to be coordinated through your NOSC.