NAVWAR Reserve Program (SRP)
FOR INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE NAVWAR RESERVE PROGRAM OFFICE VIA EMAIL AT:
NAVWAR Reserve Program sailors provide relevant skills to enhance Navy cyber warfare capabilities from seabed to space.
Bring Information Warfare and Cyber excellence to the Fleet as an integrated entity within NAVWAR.
The NAVWAR Reserve Program provides engineering, training and fleet readiness expertise via the programs covered in this brief to support the NAVWAR mission of enhancing the fleet’s cyber warfighting capabilities.
Meet the increased Fleet demand for SRP expertise by prioritizing missions, rebalancing manpower, and leveraging strategic partnerships.
Increase the agility of the SRP to meet COMNAVWAR and Fleet priorities by evaluating force structure and increasing technical expertise.
Develop and implement a Strategic Communications Plan that increases awareness of the SRP within the NAVWAR claimancy, the Navy Reserves and our strategic partners.
Keep pace with rapidly evolving commercial and DoD C4ISR technologies and processes.
Develop the SRP workforce with specific focus on professional qualifications and leadership.
~ 400 MOBILIZATION READY RESERVE SAILORS
Proximity to Fleet Concentration Areas, NAVWAR, and high-tech ensures Reserve Sailors are close to the Fleet and aligned with supported commands as well as serve as community ambassadors and “recruiters” in from key IT regions.
- Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) in support of NAVWAR FRD 300 Cyber Security Readiness Office improves the cyber security posture of the fleet by proactively analyzing and monitoring the cyber security posture of priority afloat platforms, trains and assists ship crews to improve cyber security processes and procedures, and assist the development of emerging cyber security capabilities.
- Cyber-Security Shipboard Engagement & Training Team (CSETT) in support of NAVWAR FRD 300 Cyber Security Readiness Office provides HBSS, WSUS, VRAM and/or ACAS assessments in order to support upcoming unit deployment and overall cyber readiness hygiene. When able, they support Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) efforts with the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC).
- Configuration Validation (CONVAL) generates updated, accurate and complete baselines of the C4ISR systems and equipment currently installed or to be installed in the near future, on each ship within Strike Group and supports MOC site audits.
- Common Submarine Radio Room (CSRR) Program conducts ILS Assessments (tech manuals, software versions, on-board spare parts, test cable kit, and hardware configuration) on CSRR and some SCSS Platforms in support of PMW 770.
- Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Program provides skilled Information Systems Technicians (IT), Electronics Technicians (ET) and other technical rates to NAVWAR Systems Center Pacific, Pearl City, HI to enable financial and material compliance with SECNAV and NAVWAR instructions directing that OM&S be procured, inventoried, and reported in the Navy ERP system of record.
- National Systems Development and Integration (NSDI) provides serves as the senior NAVWAR Space Field Activity (SSFA) Unit supporting the NRO, coordinates the combined efforts of two other Programs (NSME and NPD), and provides Navy Space Professional Education and Training to the NRO Active and Reserve Components.
- NetOps Support Team (NST) provides direct No-Cost to recipient Training of Foundational Level Information Technology Training in Support of Fleet Requirements by deploying Self-Contained Reservist Teams Providing SME Knowledge and Experience in classroom setting to provide CompTIA Security+. The NST Program provides Cyber Security training to meet DoDD 8140 requirements to train, certify, and manage the DoD Cyberspace (CS)/Information Assurance (IA) workforce.
- NetOps Support Team Virtualization (NST-V) provides direct No-Cost to recipient Training of Foundational Level Information Technology Training in Support of Fleet Requirements by deploying Self-Contained Reservist Teams providing SME Knowledge and Experience in classroom setting and Over-the-Shoulder Settings to provide training as a VMWare Certified Associate - Data Center Virtualization (ISO CANES) and in CompTIA Network+. The course's target training audience is CANES afloat network system administrators.
- Strike Group Readiness Officer (SGRO) Program supports NAVWAR 100 Fleet Support Program Office for Fleet training concerns and C4I initiatives through a cadre of qualified senior officers/enlisted with extensive knowledge of NAVWAR training and support capability and Fleet activities.Space Program Acquisition and Operations (SPAO) supports PEO Space to develop, acquire, and operate multi-billion dollar satellites to meet the Navy’s satellite executive authority responsibilities to DOD for SATCOM and navigation requirements through technical expertise, exercise support, and support to operational missions across the spectrum of satellite communications acquisition and operations
- Technical Authority/Systems Engineering (TA/SE) Program provides technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) skills in support of critical Information Dominance cyber domains, System Engineering Technical Reviews, Technical Inspections, Early System Fault Detection and Resolution, Platform or System Certifications, and Technical Assessments.Unmanned Vehicle (UMV) Program provides skilled unmanned systems technicians, engineers, and scientists to several NAVWAR and Joint Forces programs, supporting maintenance, operator training, research and development, and testing and evaluation of unmanned ground, surface, underwater and air vehicles.
- Tiered Cyber Support (TCS) Program in support of NAVWAR FRD 300 and coordinating with C10F provides robust Subject Matter Experts (SME) across all three levels of cyber operations to support NAVWAR and Fleet requirements. Aggressively leverages civilian knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) in combination with deep understanding of NAVWAR systems to support Navy cyber requirements for Tier 1 (Command & Control), Tier 2 (Analysis), and Tier 3 (Network Operations). TCS partners with other SRP programs and FCC/C10F to understand and meet operational needs, including fleet wide exercise support, network vulnerability assessment, and network operation/configuration.
- Configuration Validation (CONVAL)
generates updated, accurate and complete baselines of the C4ISR systems
and equipment currently installed on each ship within Strike Group and
supports MOC site audits.
- Complete the “check-in” checklist (SOP 107).
- Complete the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, or KSA, survey.
- Schedule and complete PreCert within 60 days of joining your unit.
- Program manager interview based on KSA survey results.