This is a World Wide Web site for official information about Naval Computer and Telecommunication Station Bahrain (NCTS Bahrain). It is
provided as a public service by the United States Navy. The purpose is to provide Information about NCTS Bahrain.
All information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified byline/photo/image credits is requested.
For site management, information is collected statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer systems uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C 1030).
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to Webmaster. Report both technical and information problems with the website specifically, including accessibility problems to Webmaster.
Information Collected from NCTS Bahrian for Statistical Purposes
1. xxx.yyy.com – [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] “GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0” 20016704 Mozilla 3.0/www.google.com
2. xxx.yyy.com (or 220.127.116.11)—this is the host name (or Internet protocol (IP) address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, the requester is coming from the xxx.yyy.net address. Depending on the requester’s method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify the user’s specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers (ISPs) assign different IP address for each session, or only connect to Internet via proxy server, so the hose name may only identify the ISP. The host name (or IP address) may identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
3. [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] – this is the date and time of the request
4. “GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0” – this is the location of the requested file
5. 200 – this is the status code - 200 is OK – the request was filled
6. 16704 – this is the size of the requested file in bytes
7. Mozilla 3.0 – this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages
8. www.google.com – this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find the requested file.
Requests for other types of documents use similar information. Unless otherwise stated, no personally-identifiable information is collected.
Per Department of Defense directive the Navy’s official website does not use any persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
Cookie Disclaimer – this site does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to their server). This site may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
External Links Disclaimer
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, or the United States Department of the Navy of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the Department of the Navy does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.