The Fitness Suit consists of a unisex, Navy Blue, water repellent, nylon jacket and pants. The nylon fabric offers moisture management and anti-microbial/odor resistant performance features. The jacket and pants each have gold color heat transfer "NAVY" logo and are trimmed with silver reflective piping.
Occasion for Wear
The Fitness Suit is designed primarily for group/unit physical training activities and the semi-annual physical readiness test that involve standing, running and exercises on non-abrasive surfaces. The occasion for wear of the Fitness Suit is as follows:
(1) In-Port. The Fitness Suit may be worn optionally or as prescribed by the commanding officer when performing unit/command physical training. When worn during command PT, the jacket and pants will be worn together. The Fitness Suit may also be worn during individual physical fitness activities. When worn for individual PT, the jacket and pants may be worn at the Sailor’s discretion.
(2) At Sea. The wearing of the Fitness Suit will be at the discretion of the commanding officer.
(3) After Normal Working Hours and During Liberty. The Fitness Suit may be worn both on and off base for liberty unless determined otherwise by the regional commander or unit commanding officer. When worn for liberty, individual components of the Fitness Suit may be worn at the Sailor's discretion.
(4) Wear Restrictions and Allowances.
The Fitness Suit is not authorized to be worn while in a duty status or when conducting official business on base (e.g. Personnel Support Detachments, medical, dental, legal, etc.), in lieu of the uniform of the day, when working, nor while in a limited or light duty status requiring the wear of a uniform. Pregnant Sailors may wear the Fitness Suit unless components become uncomfortable or tight. In all cases, the Fitness Suit will be worn in such a manner as to reflect credit upon the Navy and the Sailor wearing it.
Manner for Wear
When worn as a uniform, the Fitness Suit jacket and pants will be worn simultaneously in the following manner:
1) Jacket. The jacket will be worn over the PTU shirt and zipped at least three quarters up. The sleeve cuffs will extend down to cover the wrist but not beyond the lower knuckle of the thumb.
2) Pants. The Fitness Suit pants will be worn fully on the waist and over the PTU shorts. The length of the pants shall extend down approximately 1-2 inches off of the floor/deck when wearing athletic shoes. At no time should the pants be of such length as to extend beyond the heel and touch the deck.