a. Description. Gloves will not have any visible ornamentation, decorative stitching, embossed design, or manufacturer’s logo. Glove stitching will be the same color as the basic glove material.
(1) Black Gloves. Black leather gloves are basic uniform components and will be made of smooth leather or smooth synthetic leather (figure 3501.24-1).
(2) White Gloves. White gloves are made of authorized fabric (figure 3501.24-3).
b. Occasion for Wear
(1) Black Gloves. Black gloves may be worn with all authorized Navy outerwear, including the Black Fleece Liner, during inclement weather. Black leather gloves are basic uniform components and are prescribable for wear. Non-leather fabric black gloves (figure 3501.24-2) are optional for wear with Service and Working Uniforms with the exception of the Summer White uniform, when black leather gloves are not prescribed.
(2) White Gloves. White gloves are prescribable for Officers/CPOs (figure 3501.24-3). E1-E6 Sailors may optionally wear white gloves when participating in events where white gloves are prescribed, but may not be required to do so.
c. Correct Wear. Gloves are removed to shake hands.
(1) Black Gloves. Black gloves are worn and never carried. Formal events, ceremonies or occasions where standardization in appearance is required dictate the wearing of black leather gloves.
(2) White Gloves. White gloves (when required) may be worn or carried with uniforms.
d. Ownership Markings (Optional for Officers/CPOs). Center surname, first initial and middle initial (if applicable) on inside lip of glove.