Our goal is to provide extended assistance to survivors of our Sailors who die while on active duty to include the reserve component. We provide casualty benefits support and address any survivor issues regarding the entire spectrum of the Navy’s casualty care, from notifications and Casualty Assistance Calls Officer (CACO) feedback to specific benefits and follow-on care.
Navy LTAP stands ready to assist survivors with:
• Benefits queries, specifically payment of Death Gratuity, Unpaid Pay and Allowances, Basic Allowance for Housing, Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance and settlement of travel claims
• Gold Star lapel button and Next of Kin of Deceased lapel button requests
• Requests for Reports of Casualty (DD Form 1300), including updates
• Questions or concerns regarding the Navy’s casualty response process and survivor care
• Connection to appropriate support organizations to fulfill specific needs
• Navy Gold Star Advocate issues
We will remember the sacrifices of our Sailors and ensure their families are not be left behind.
If you are a surviving Navy family member and require assistance, please contact Navy LTAP at (866) 827-5672 (ask for LTAP) or MILL_LTAP@navy.mil.
Our mailing address:
Navy Personnel Command (PERS-13)
ATTN: Navy LTAP
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055-1300