The Sponsorship and Indoctrination Program provides incoming personnel with meaningful pre-arrival communication, adequate support upon arrival and relocation assistance to meet the Sailor's needs.
The goal of the program is to facilitate a smooth transition and assimilation into the new command. Per OPNAVINST 1740.3C, NAVPERSCOM (PERS-45) shall display Command Sponsor Coordinator (CSC) contact information in PCS orders.
Command Master Chiefs shall oversee the Command Sponsor Program and ensure sponsor coordinators' names are provided to NPC.
In order for NPC to obtain and to keep current/accurate POC information, we need the help from every command in the FLEET. A few tips:
- Go to the NPC web-site (www.npc.navy.mil)
- Click on - "Career Info" located at the top of the page.
- Click on - "Sponsorship & Indoc Program"
- Go to OPNAVINST 1740.3C
- Scroll down to page 2 of enclosure (1), section (f) to see this guidance: Command Master Chiefs shall:
- review Career Information Management System (CIMS) to verify tracking of sponsor assignments
- Provide PERS-455 with with Command Sponsor Coordinator contact information and command uic at this email address email@example.com.
As of 15 March 2011, PERS-451 Head, Distribution Management Policy and Procedures Branch, advised that personal name and email addresses will no longer be accepted as points of contact to be placed in official orders due to security reasons. Please provide a generic/functional command email address (i.e., Sponsor@navy.mil, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, COB@navy.mil, SEL@navy.mil, and phone number.
Furthermore, a significant effort is underway to reduce the length of official orders. Therefore, the length of the welcome aboard message for a command should be no longer than 5 lines (400 characters).
- WELCOME ABOARD USS GEORGE H. W. BUSH, CVN-77. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR COMMAND SPONSOR COORDINATOR VIA EMAIL: SPONSORCOORDINATOR@CVN77.NAVY.MIL. INPORT COMM: (757) 445-6075, AT SEA COMM: (757) 443-8804. FOR ADDITIONAL COMMAND INFORMATION, VISIT WEBSITE AT: HTTP://UP-WWW01.FFC.NAVY.MIL/CVN77/. WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
For any questions or further information call (901) 874-6949.
For CIMS technical issues contact the NSIPS Help Desk:
Toll Free: 877-589-5991
Fax: Comm: 504-697-3007/0342, DSN: 647-3007/0342