The Keep What You've Earned Campaign's Pier Pressure mobile application will no longer be available for use or download beginning Aug. 1, 2019.
- Use the campaign resources to support all levels of Navy leadership.
- Build partnerships across your base, reach out to fellow ADCOs/DAPAs, and engage local organizations in your community for support.
- Empower Sailors to make responsible decisions by reminding them of their accomplishments.
- Engage your alcohol abuse prevention personnel to stay aware of alcohol-related issues and proactively address emerging problems.
- Set expectations by modeling responsible drinking behavior.
- Be consistent in your message and address alcohol-related issues immediately.
- Review the set of leadership talking points and share these messages with Sailors at liberty briefings or other regularly scheduled interactions.
- Sponsor or cosponsor events and alternative, alcohol-free activities.
- Help identify and engage with organizations and local partners with similar missions through networking efforts.
- Disseminate campaign messages and tools to Sailors through your communication channels using the campaign implementation guide.
Identify Navy and community points of contact to work with on alcohol abuse prevention efforts
Increase enforcement of laws and policies, such as those addressing drunk driving and underage drinking
Increase implementation of sobriety checkpoints
- Offer alcohol-free social, extracurricular, and public service options
- Offer community-based safe-ride programs
- Distribute messaging that promotes responsible drinking and outlines the risks and consequences of excessive alcohol use
- Restrict the marketing and promotion of alcoholic beverages
- Prohibit alcohol access to underage and intoxicated patrons
- Discourage excessive drinking activities in local bars
- Offer responsible beverage-service training