Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Retiree need-to-know info

Gray area retiree

Retired reservists under the age of 60 who have questions regarding their entitlements and benefits should call 1-866-827-5672 and ask for PERS 912.

Volunteer your service

The Navy currently has 32 Retired Activities Offices (RAO) worldwide that are staffed by retiree volunteers. The Navy depends heavily on volunteers to run these offices. The volunteers are trained to assist other retirees, their families and survivors in receiving their earned benefits, aid family members when a retired service member dies, and plan and conduct annual Retiree Appreciation Days or Retiree Seminars. Most RAO volunteers spend a few hours a week in the office. If you are interested in being a volunteer, please contact your nearest RAO or call the Navy’s RAO program manager at (866) 827-5672 ext. 4308.

Change of address

The simplest and quickest solution for changing your mailing address is through the myPay website at, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service’s online account management system. For questions or concerns regarding myPay web site, call 1-888-332-7411 for a customer service representative.

Otherwise, if you are a retiree please mail your change of address form or request to:

DFAS U.S. Military Retired Pay
P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130

Or FAX DFAS Retired Pay at: 1-800-469-6559

If you are an annuitant please mail your request to:

DFAS U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
P.O. Box 7131
London, KY 40742-7131

Or FAX DFAS Annuitant Pay at: 1-800-982-8459

Or, both retirees and annuitants may call DFAS Retired and Annuitant Pay directly at: 1-800-321-1080

If submitting your request in writing, please include both your old and new mailing address, along with the effective date for the new address. In addition, please include your name, social security number and signature with date on your request.

Arrears of Pay beneficiary change

Your Arrears of Pay (AOP) beneficiary is the person who will receive your final pro-rated paycheck in the event that you pass away. DFAS will also contact this person for help with closing your account. 

If you need to change your AOP beneficiary, please do so by completing a Designation of Beneficiary Information Form (DD 2894, at and mailing it to DFAS Retired and Annuitant Pay.

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Comments? Suggestions? Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC (DSN 882-5672), Email MNCC, Live Chat or Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 3/22/2012 10:49 AM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map