Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions
(You may use the keyboard combination of "Ctrl + F" to quickly search the FAQ.)
Where can I find general information regarding selection boards?
You may visit NPC's Selection Board page for the most recent information available.
How can I make an online appointment for a new or replacement ID card?
Appointments can be made online at
I have questions about the Incapacitated Dependent Program.  Where can I find information?
Information about the Incapacitated Dependent Program as well as a point-of-contact phone number can be found at
How do I find the nearest ID card office/lab?
The RAPIDS website,, provides the nearest ID card office/lab based upon location information you provide.
Who do I call for questions regarding former spouses?
You may contact the Navy Former Spouse Protection Act Coordinator at (901) 874-3362. You can also visit NPC’s Navy Former Spouse website at
How do I find out if I'm eligible to transfer my Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to a family member or if I have other general questions about benefits?
GI Bill transferability as well as general questions may be answered by viewing the Post 9/11 BI Bill video series at
Where do I go to transfer my Post 9/11 benefit to a family member?
The transfer of Post 9/11 benefits is accomplished at the milConnect website,
How can I obtain a copy of my OMPF or individual documents such as the DD 214?
A1.  The OMPF/document(s) of veterans separated, retired or deceased on or before 31 Dec 94 may be obtained by submitting Standard Form 180 (SF 180).  Go to  Complete the SF 180 and forward it via mail or fax to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138, (314) 801-9195.
A2. The OMPF/document(s) of veterans separated, retired or deceased on or before 31 Dec 94 may be obtained by submitting an online record request via the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) at
A3.  Those currently serving may obtain a copy of their OMPF/document(s) online or in CD format at (CAC required)
A4.  Those currently serving may also obtain their OMPF via eBenefits at  
A5.  The OMPF/document(s) of personnel currently serving or were separated or retired on or after 1 Jan 95 may be obtained by submitting form SF-180 which can be found at The form may be forwarded to Navy Personnel Command at the address on the form.
A6.  The OMPF/document(s) of personnel who were separated or retired on or after 1 Jan 95 may also be obtained by registering/logging on to eBenefits at
What is the National Personnel Records Center's (NPRC) phone number?
NPRC may be reached toll-free at 1-866-272-6272 or (314) 801-0800.
How do I apply for a reserve retirement?
Visit Navy Personnel Command's website at Submit the applicable forms per the "Guidance for Submitting Application for Retired Pay Benefits" found on the lower portion of the webpage.
How do I calculate my reserve monthly retired pay?
Monthly retired pay = (P)oints/360 x .025 x (B)ase Pay  (using pay scale in the year you turn 60)
Who do I contact for questions regarding performance evaluations/fitness reports?
PERS-32 may be reached at the following numbers, (901) 874-4881/4882/3313.  Click here for their FAQ.
Who do I contact for the status of an active duty officer retirement request?
PERS-835 (Officer Retirements) may be contacted by e-mail at for statuses on active duty/FTS retirements
Who do I contact for the status of an active duty enlisted retirement request?
PERS-836 (Enlisted Retirements) may be contacted by e-mail at
Who do I contact for the status of a reservist's retirement request?
The retirement request of a reservist may be obtained by calling My Navy Career Center at
(901) 874-MNCC (6622)
NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?  Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC, or 901-874-MNCC (DSN 882-6622), Email MNCC, MNCC Chat
Comments or Suggestions about this Website?  Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 5/1/2020 10:20 AM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map