Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Procedure for Grievances

Civilian and military personnel are expected and encouraged to register complaints and grievances through the proper supervisory and grievance "Chain of Command". In almost all situations, the first stop should be your supervisor. If you are unable to discuss the matter with your immediate supervisor, the next supervisor in your chain of command should be consulted. If you need or want to file a formal complaint or grievance, you should telephone the following points of contact:

Civilians (HRO Mid-South)

Equal Employment Opportunity: (901) 874-5295 or (901) 874-5286
Personnel Grievance: (901) 874-5535


CMEO: (901) 874-3465
Article 138/1150 Complaint of Wrong: Navy Legal Services Office - (901) 874-5793/5794

(Note: For information, call the NPC Office of Legal Counsel, PERS-00J - (901) 874-3161)

Fraud, Waste, Abuse and Mismanagement

Chief of Naval Personnel Inspector General Hotline: 1-877-414-5357 or (901) 874-3035/3032/3055/3113. Naval Inspector General Hotline: 1-800-522-3451
Department of Defense Inspector General Hotline: 1-800-424-9098

(Note: If above matters involve criminal activity, please call and discuss with PERS-00J - (901) 874-3161 and/or the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Resident Agency, NSA Mid-South - (901) 874-5387/5388)

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?  Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC, or 901-874-MNCC (DSN 882-6622), Email MNCC, MNCC Chat
Comments or Suggestions about this Website?  Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 4/15/2011 3:38 PM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map