Officer Candidate School
Selection for the limited available Officer Candidate School (OCS) billets is extremely competitive. Ensure you work with your local Officer Recruiter, Command Career Counselor (enlisted applicants), and the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) to assure your package is complete.
For more information about OCS visit the OCS website.
SEAL Officer applicants desiring to gain their commission through OCS must submit an OCS package to their Officer Recruiter and an NSW Officer package to the SEAL OCM. Please review the SEAL Officer OCS Application Sequence of Events chart for further information about the application process for both Navy Recruiting Command and NSW.
OCS candidates selected for a SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection (SOAS) will be contacted via the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) and their Navy Officer recruiter with details.
All enlisted applicants must be on permanent active duty throughout the selection process.
For enlisted SEAL interested in applying for OCS, the SEAL Officer Selection Panel is targeting Sailors that are E-6 and junior who have not completed their LPO milestone tour in order to optimize their career track and success in the officer community.
• See Important Dates
• September of year applying: NRC typically releases results. Applicants receive notification from their recruiter.
MANMED P-117 Chapter 15, Section 105 – eye requirements on pages 26, 84, and 121.
OPNAVINST 1420.1B (Chapter 4)
MANMED P-117 (Chapter 15)
MILPERSMAN 1210-220 (Section 7)
PA 100D SEAL OCS Apr 2019.pdf.
MILPERSMAN 1220-410 - PST requirements
SEAL Officer Application Contents
1. Officer Data Card: Card will be sent to applicants after the SEAL OCM receives all other package items. Card should be returned to the SEAL OCM in Excel format. The NSW Questionnaire and photo are included in the Officer Data Card. Please review the attached example for guidance.
2. PST Test Results Form: test should be administered by a SEAL Mentor or qualified Naval Special Warfare tester. PST should be conducted within 3 months of package submission and shall be within 6 months in order to ensure an accurate representation of the candidates physical status.
- NOTE: Enlisted applicants must have their PST scores administered by the SEAL + SWCC Scout Team or certified by their Commanding Officer. **Active Duty Only**
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae. There is no specific format required. Include accurate contact information. If you have ever applied or competed to become a SEAL Officer, include date applied or competed and how far into the process you got.
4. No more than two (2) Letters of Reference (LOR): example.
- There is an official format for LORs. Please contact the SEAL OCM office for more information about the required formatting of LORs. Completed letters should be submitted to SEAL_OCM@navy.mil.
- The LOR should not solely be a character reference. These should be used as a tool to highlight your accomplishments, experiences, and leadership potential.
5. Official College Transcript (Applicants must have a bachelor's degree). Please do not mail transcripts to the OCM office. PDF copies of official transcript is acceptable for the application.
6. DD2807: medical history. Civilian applicants should request it from their recruiter or processor. Please ask about the SOAS medical form prior to completing the DD2807.
7. DD2808: medical exam stamped "PQ for diving duty". **Active Duty Only**
8. Commanding Officer's Endorsement Letter: example. **Active Duty Only**
9. N3M Letter obtained from Naval Recruiting Command (NRC) after reviewing your MEPS Physical. **Civilians Only**
10. Last four evaluation reports. **Active Duty Only**
**Submit Package via Officer Recruiter and notify SEAL_OCM@navy.mil of package submittal.**
**Please submit all package items as individual PDF files.**
**Please encrypt any e-mails containing PII and ensure compliance of your command's PII guidance. If you do choose to send unencrypted e-mails containing your PII understand the risk involved.**