Selection for the limited available Officer Candidate School (OCS) billets is extremely competitive. Ensure you work with your local Officer Recruiter, your SEAL Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org), Command Career Counselor (enlisted applicants) and the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) to ensure your package is complete.
For more information about OCS and to find your local officer recruiter, visit the OCS website.
SEAL Officer applicants desiring to gain their commission through OCS must submit an OCS package to their Officer Recruiter and an NSW Officer package to the SEAL OCM. The OCS and NSW Officer application processes are separate and run concurrently. Both must be successful to become a SEAL Officer.
OCS candidates selected for a SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection (SOAS) will be contacted via the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) and their Navy Officer recruiter with details.
All enlisted applicants must be on permanent active duty throughout the selection process.
• See Important Dates
• September of year applying: NRC typically releases results. Applicants receive notification from their recruiter.
MANMED P-117 Chapter 15, Section 105 – eye requirements on pages 26 and 84.
OPNAVINST 1420.1B (Chapter 4)
MANMED P-117 (Chapter 15)
MILPERSMAN 1210-220 (Section 7)
PA 100D SEAL OCS Jul 2016.pdf.
MILPERSMAN 1220-410 - PST requirements
SEAL Officer Application Contents
1. Complete NSW Applicant Questionnaire.
2. Photograph: a color photo of the applicant—full length 4x6—is optional, although strongly encouraged. Attach photo to NAVPERS 1070/884 and fill out blocks 1, 5, and 6.
3. PST Test Results Form: test should be administered by a SEAL Mentor or qualified Naval Special Warfare tester. PST should be conducted within 3 months of package submission and shall be within 6 months in order to ensure an accurate representation of the candidates physical status.
- NOTE: Enlisted applicants must have their PST scores administered by the SEAL + SWCC Scout Team or certified by their Commanding Officer. **Active Duty Only**
4. Resume or Curriculum Vitae. There is no specific format required. Include accurate contact information. If you have ever applied or competed to become a SEAL Officer, include date applied or competed and how far into the process you got.
- NOTE: Enlisted applicants who do not attend SOAS or conduct an interview (SOs/SBs) must submit an approximately 30 second long video explaining why they want to be a SEAL Officer. **Active Duty Only**
5. No more than two (2) Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- The LOR should not solely be character references. These should be used as a tool to highlight your accomplishments, experiences, and leadership potential.
- There is not a required format for LOR. Address the LOR to "President, SEAL Officer Selection Panel". E-mail completed letters to SEAL_OCM@navy.mil.
6. Official College Transcript (Applicants must have a bachelorette degree).
7. Commanding Officer's Endorsement Letter: example. **Active Duty Only**
8. DD2807-1 & DD2807-2: medical history. **Active Duty Only**
9. DD2808: medical exam stamped "PQ for diving duty". **Active Duty Only**
10. N3M Letter obtained from Naval Recruiting Command (NRC) after reviewing your MEPS Physical. This takes the place of DD2807 and DD2808. **Civilians Only**
11. Last four evaluation reports. **Active Duty Only**
**Submit Package via Officer Recruiter and notify SEAL_OCM@navy.mil of package submittal.**
**Please submit all package items as individual PDF files.**
**Please encrypt any e-mails containing PII and ensure compliance of your command's PII guidance. If you do choose to send unencrypted e-mails containing your PII understand the risk involved.**