Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Mil-to-Mil Co-location


Spouse co-location assignments are fully supported by the Chief of Naval Personnel and when requested become the highest priority and main duty preference consistent with the needs of the Navy. 

The service member requesting transfer to join with his/her spouse or family member must have a minimum of one year on board his/her present command at the time of transfer.  Once spouses are joined in a geographic area, the spouse with the closer PRD will be adjusted to match the further out. 

Military couples may not be permanently assigned to the same ship or the same shipboard deployable command.  For shore assignments, the couple will not be assigned to the same reporting senior without the gaining CO's approval.  Unusual circumstances may require a couple being temporarily assigned to the same afloat activity, which is allowable at the CO's discretion.

Send your request and a copy of your spouse's request to your detailer.

Requests for co-lo assignment may be submitted at any time.

       MILPERSMAN 1300-1000 (Military Couple and Single Parent Assignment Policy)

       NAVPERS 1301/85 (Officer Personnel Action Request) --> your request for co-lo

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?  Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC, or 901-874-MNCC (DSN 882-6622), Email MNCC, MNCC Chat
Comments or Suggestions about this Website?  Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 6/4/2019 8:08 AM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map