Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

What can I do between OCS/ROTC before starting NNPTC?

Navy Personnel Command > Officer > Officer Detailing > Pers-42 Submarine > FAQs and Answers > What can I do between OCS/ROTC before starting NNPTC?

New Accessions have several options to choose from for Temporary Duty (TEMDU).  All of these options are no-cost orders.  This means that the member will not receive per diem during their time attached to the TEMDU.  Members will still get Base Pay, BAH and BAS.  The options are NROTC Unit, OHARP, “another command”, or being stashed at NNPTC. NROTC unit duty is the NROTC unit that the member was commissioned at or the NROTC unit at the University they attended (OCS graduates).  Typically the member already has a residence established and will work with the command on administrative tasks.

OHARP duty is Officer home town recruiting duty.  The member will be assigned to one of the 27 Navy Recruiting Districts (NRD) that is responsible for the area that includes either the members home town or the area the member attended College.  The member will be responsible for contacting the NRD and setting up the specific Recruiting Office that they desire to work out of. 

The “another command” option is up to the member to reach out and request to work at during the time period.  This is a case by case basis that will require the member to get the Unit identification Code (UIC) of the command and a correspondence (email is acceptable) from the command stating they are willing to accept the member for the time period to the detailer prior to orders being written.

Being stashed at NNPTC is an option that allows the member to move to Charleston, SC and check-in at NNPTC.  The member will then either get a job at NNPTC or will be “farmed out” to the surrounding commands for the time prior to the class convening date.

Any questions not covered above should be directed to PERS-421E at (901)874-3863.

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Comments? Suggestions? Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC (DSN 882-5672), Email MNCC, Live Chat or Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 6/22/2016 7:53 AM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map