Interior Communications Electrician (IC)
IC Community Overview
IC Career Path
Notes from the Combat Systems Detailing Team
- Contact the MNA Help Desk 10 months prior your PRD to have your account enabled. After 30 days of no activity, your MNA account will be disabled.
Contact the MNA Help Desk 10 months prior your PRD to have your account enabled. After 30 days of no activity, your MNA account will be disabled. Update your contact information on MNA. Updating your contact information will enable your Detailer to communicate more effectively with you while negotiating for orders.
You may submit up to 7 applications while in your negotiation window (6-12 months prior to your PRD). You CAN apply for billets one paygrade up or one down of your current grade.
Please note that NAVADMIN 231/17 requires Detailers to fill requisitions with qualified Sailors, even if it is during a Sailor’s first month of negotiations.
Shore Special Program
- Qualified female Sailors are needed as Recruit Division Commanders (RDC)!
- Recruiting duty and service as a RDC offer great opportunities for top performing surface combat systems Sailors. Benefits include extra pay, command advancement opportunities and college attendance while in uniform during working hours.
- Contact your detailer 12 months out from your PRD to negotiate for shore Special Programs billets, including recruiting, RDC, SAPR, EO, SERE Instructor and MEP Stations.
- You MUST be released to Shore Special Programs by your rating detailer.
- A secret security clearance is required for all special program assignments (sea and shore). Start yours today!!
- Overseas screening must be completed promptly. Sailors are allowed 30 days, while family members have 60 days, to complete screening requirements. Refer to NAVADMIN 203-14.
- Spouse Collocation does not guarantee a specific geographic area. Refer to MILPERSMAN 1306-1000 in verifying your eligibility.
- Increased Distribution Authority guidance is discussed in NAVADMIN 058/14.
- When leaving a phone message for your detailer, speak clearly and slowly, and don’t forget to leave a contact number!
- Use your Career Counselors for assistance. If there are questions they cannot answer, call your detailer.
- We are a mobile force! The Navy needs flexible sailors to tackle unique challenges throughout the world. Plan on moving and changing geographical locations during your career!
- Contact your detailer! We are here to help and guide you through your career. For more information, click the Contact Us link.
IC Detailing tips