Maintenance and Material Management (3-M)
Shore/Sea Special Programs
***We are looking for motivated E7-E9 and exceptional E6's to become 3-M System Coordinators (3MC)***
- Reference: MILPERSMAN 1306-994, MILPERSMAN 1306-959, and NAVPERS 18068F (NEC 811A)
- To request assignment, contact your detailer 15-13 months out from your PRD or submit NAVPERS 1306/7 Enlisted Personnel Action Request.
3-M tours offer great opportunities for advancement and assignment. Benefits include $75/month Special Duty Incentive Pay (SDIP) for sea duty command and tour length is 36 months followed by a 36 month shore tour if recommended by Commanding Officer (normal sea-shore waived).
USS, NECC, PRECOM, ATG and other challenging billets are available for you to choose.
Pre-requisite qualifications include:
Career Management System - Interactive Detailing
There are significant changes to CMS/ID and the process to how Sailors are selected for billets as advertised on CMS/ID. It is critical that you understand the new selection process. These changes are delineated in NAVADMIN 231/17
- A secret security clearance is required for all special program assignments (sea and shore).
- Overseas screening Letter of Intent (LOI) is no longer issued to sailors. Refer to NAVADMIN 088-18.
- Spouse Collocation does not guarantee a specific geographic area. Refer to MILPERSMAN 1300-1000 in verifying your eligibility.
- Update your contact information on CMSID. Updating your contact information will enable your Detailer to communicate more effectively with you while negotiating for orders.
- Increased Distribution Authority guidance is discussed in NAVADMIN 058/14.
- When leaving a phone message for your detailer, speak clearly and slowly, and don’t forget to leave a contact number.
- Use your Career Counselors for assistance. If there are questions they cannot answer, call your detailer.
- We are a mobile force! The Navy needs flexible sailors to tackle unique challenges throughout the world. Plan on moving and changing geographical locations during your career.
- Please note that NAVADMIN 231/17 requires Detailers to fill requisitions with qualified Sailors, even if it is during a Sailor’s first window of negotiations.
Points of Contact:
MRCS Keller, 3-M Detailer, firstname.lastname@example.org