Maintenance and Material Management (3-M)
Shore/Sea Special Programs
***We are looking for motivated E7-E9 and exceptional E6's to become 3-M System Coordinators (3MC)***
- Reference: MILPERSMAN 1306-994, MILPERSMAN 1306-959, and NAVPERS 18068F (NEC 811A)
- To request assignment, contact your detailer 15-13 months out from your PRD or submit NAVPERS 1306/7 Enlisted Personnel Action Request.
3-M tours offer great opportunities for assignment locations and fall into many rating career paths. Benefits include $75/month Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP) for sea duty USS and USNS commands. Normal tour length is 36 months at Sea followed by a 36 month shore tour.
USS, NECC, PRECOM, ATG and other challenging billets are available for you to choose from.
Pre-requisite qualifications include:
There are significant changes to My Navy Assignment and the process to how Sailors are selected for billets as advertised on My Navy Assignment. It is critical that you understand the new selection process. These changes are delineated in NAVADMIN 231/17
- A secret security clearance is required for all special program assignments (sea and shore).
- Overseas screening Letter of Intent (LOI) is no longer issued to sailors. Refer to NAVADMIN 088-18.
- Spouse Collocation does not guarantee a specific geographic area. Refer to MILPERSMAN 1300-1000 in verifying your eligibility.
- Update your contact information on My Navy Assignment. Updating your contact information will enable your Detailer to communicate more effectively with you while negotiating for orders.
- Increased Distribution Authority guidance is discussed in NAVADMIN 058/14.
- When leaving a phone message for your detailer, speak clearly and slowly, and don’t forget to leave a contact number.
- Use your Career Counselors for assistance. If there are questions they cannot answer, call your detailer.
- We are a mobile force! The Navy needs flexible sailors to tackle unique challenges throughout the world. Plan on moving and changing geographical locations during your career.
- Please note that NAVADMIN 231/17 requires Detailers to fill requisitions with qualified Sailors, even if it is during a Sailor’s first window of negotiations.
Points of Contact:
MRCS Heil, 3-M Detailer, email@example.com