NSW is now accepting packages from Fleet/NAVET/OSVET applicants within the following year groups (YG):
SWCC- 2016, 2017, 2018
SO/SB Conversion Application Period Timelines
FY21 Quarter 1: package submission deadline- 20NOV2020.
FY21 Quarter 2: package submission deadline- 19FEB2021.
FY21 Quarter 3: package submission deadline- 11JUN2021.
FY21 Quarter 4: package submission deadline- 10SEP2021.
*Applicants will be notified of their conversion opportunity status 4-6 weeks after package submission deadline.
NSW Conversion Application Period Sequence of Events
1. Submit package via DOD SAFE or encrypted email to SEALSWCCECM@navy.mil NLT deadline.
2. Packages are assessed for completeness IAW MILPERSMAN 1220-300 for SEAL applicants or MILPERSMAN 1220-400 for SWCC applicants.
3. Incomplete packages or those outside of NSW community needs will be returned without action.
Conversion Authorization Period
4. NSW ECM will determine the most qualified candidates for conversion based on the whole person concept and NSW community needs.
Post-Conversion Authorization Period
5. The NSW ECM will contact the respective ECM's of the applicants' who are given a conversion authorization, and they will decide to release/not release to NSW.
6. Applicants’ medical requirements are verified.
7. Conversion authorization results are emailed to the applicant and their command (4-6 weeks after submission deadlines).
8. Orders are written by PERS-401DH based on available class dates and applicant's PRD.
Please read our FAQs.docx to learn more about the conversion application/authorization process, eligibility requirements, and other important information you need to know.
SEAL/SWCC Conversion POCs
SO (SEAL) Technical Advisor (901) 874-4669, SEALSWCCECM@Navy.mil
SB (SWCC) Technical Advisor (901) 874-3604, SEALSWCCECM@Navy.mil
Need to schedule a PST or interview?