MyNavy Portal (MNP)
Here is where you can find current information on MNP, the Navy's self-service career management portal.
Information and resources found on this page provide an overview of MyNavy Portal Beta capabilities. MNP Beta serves as a field test of evolving system capability. Sailors are strongly encouraged to offer feedback on the portal’s performance and provide comments and recommendations using the site’s feedback option located at the bottom right of every MNP page.
Access MyNavy Portal’s public homepage by viewing https://my.navy.mil
. From there, log into the website using your Common Access Card (CAC) and CAC-enabled computing device. MNP is viewable in high- and low-bandwidth modes.
UPDATE SEP 2018: The focus of this release is the introduction of new self-service functions for Sailors:
- My Record Web 1.0 is the first implementation of a new military service record that consolidates all manpower, personnel, training and education information into a single display supporting career and life events.
- Electronic Personnel Action Request (ePAR)/1306 lets Sailors create, update or request a cancellation of a request, with automatic routing to their Command Career Counselor. View "Quick Start" guides under User Info and Aids at the top right.
- MNCC Request/Inquiry is a way for Sailors to get help 24/7 with personnel, pay and training questions from MyNavy Career Center customer agents by phone (833-330-MNCC) or email to email@example.com or on MNP at Help & Info > Support Resources > Ask for Help > MNCC REQUEST/INQUIRY.
The AUG 2018 release included data interfaces and systems integration to support MyNavy Career Center (MNCC), which matches MNP self-service capabilities with 24/7 customer service support and access to subject matter experts who handle unique and complex situations.
The JUN 2018 release included an upgrade to the software platform (Liferay DXP) used to build MNP. MNP was completely redesigned for a clean, modern design. Some of the other recent changes you will notice:
- The MNP home screen is redesigned and the photo carousel removed
- All Career & Life Event (CLE) icons are updated with new images
- The MNP search function is improved
- MNP pages load faster and overall performance is improved
- Ability to fill out and submit a Physical Activity Risk Factor Questionnaire
To coincide with the launch of MNCC, please view updated FAQs, fact sheet, smart sheet and quick tour.