Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

If you lose your spouse through death or divorce and later remarry, you have the following options:

1.  Resume coverage for your new spouse.
2.  Increase coverage up to the maximum allowable if you elected less than full coverage.
3.  Withdraw from participation.

A new spouse will be automatically entitled to survivor benefits from RCSBP after one year of marriage provided that former spouse coverage is not in effect due to a court order.

You may elect not to provide survivor benefit coverage for your new spouse; however, your decision must be made in writing within one year of the date of your remarriage.  You must complete and mail a DD Form 2656-6.  Once completed, mail to:

Commander Navy Personnel Command
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN  38055

If you previously elected ‘spouse and children coverage’ and your spouse beneficiary becomes ineligible due to death or divorce, then the election will revert to the coverage for ‘children only.’ 

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?  Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC, or 901-874-MNCC (DSN 882-6622), Email MNCC, MNCC Chat
Comments or Suggestions about this Website?  Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 3/29/2011 8:21 AM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map