The Mission of the Performance Evaluations Branch is to support the Navy’s objectives of selecting and detailing only the best and most fully qualified individuals to positions of increased trust and responsibility. This branch ensures that the performance portion of the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) is accurate and up-to-date.
To achieve this objective, enlisted performance evaluations and officer fitness reports are examined, corrected, supplemented, amended, removed and added to the Master Data File as directed by the Secretary of the Navy.
URGENT FITREP NOTES
1. COVID-19 update for signatures. Currently all requirements in BUPERSINST 1610.10E remain in effect, but if you can't obtain the signature of member, rater or senior rater, follow guidance of Chapter 14 (Signatures). Reports missing the reporting senior's signature, will be rejected.
2. Navy Wide EVAL/FITREP Reject Rate Trending Higher (Please view details in Rejected Reports Trends).
3. Please be aware that 2020 is a leap year, therefore the end date for LTJG periodic fitness reports should be 20FEB29.
4. If FY20 URL O-4 Promotion message does not receive Senate confirmation by 31 Oct 19, please follow the following guidance:
- Any URL officers selected and merit re-ordered during the FY20 O-4 statutory board DO NOT receive a 31 Oct 19 Periodic FITREP as an O-4 Select.
- Those URL officers with their O-4 Date of Rank backdated to 01 Oct 19 will receive a special FITREP that encompasses their previous FITREP end date to the date of NAVADMIN release stating Senate Confirmation. A special FITREP would NOT BE required if an officer anticipates receiving another FITREP prior to 15 months from the end date of their previous FITREP.
- BUPERINST 1610.10E, Chapter 3 provides guidance on Regular Reports.