Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Separation and Retirement (Transition Assistance)

Federal law requires that all Sailors receive transition assistance. Services provided help ensure that separating/retiring Sailors and their families have the skills, tools and self-confidence necessary to re-enter the civilian work force and/or seamlessly transition from Active Component to Reserve Component successfully. 

IMPORTANT: Per NAVADMIN 300/11, CCCs are required to use and transmit the JAN 11 version of the Pre-Separation Counseling Checklist (DD Form 2648) and Transition Assistance Program (TAP) checklist for Deactivating/ Demobilizing Reserve Component service members (DD form 2648-1) via Defense Manpower Data Center's (DMDC) TAP online data entry tool located at

To obtain access to DMDC/TAP:


Retirement calculators for Active Duty and Reserve are available. 

NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND: 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington TN 38055-0000
 Address Correspondence to: Attn: PERS-### or BUPERS-###
This is an official U.S. Navy Website
Need Career, Pay or Personnel help?  Call MyNavy Career Center: 833-330-MNCC, or 901-874-MNCC (DSN 882-5672), Email MNCC, Live Chat
Comments or Suggestions about this Website?  Email the Webmaster
Last Modified: 10/22/2018 7:03 AM
FOIA | US Navy | U.S. Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | | Privacy Policy | Accessibility / Section 508 | Site Map