“Welcome Aboard!” Congratulations on your orders to Carrier Airborne Early
Warning Squadron ONE TWO ZERO!
To better assist all new enlisted service members in this transition process please send us an email via the enclosed sponsor e-mail address with your arrival plans, flying, driving, personal email, cell phone numbers and questions so that we can better provide sponsorship assistance to all new Greyhawks.
Contact the Sponsor Coordinator here!!!
Upon your arrival to Naval Station Norfolk, report in appropriate uniform: khakis for officers/chiefs and dress uniform for E-6 and below.
South and West Arrivals:
(Be advised that most GPS and online travel tools will route you through Richmond, Va)
1. I-85N through North Carolina and enter Virginia state.
2. Exit onto I-95N to Richmond, Va.
3. Merge onto I-295N (Richmond Beltway) to Washington.
4. Take Exit 28 I-64E to Norfolk.
5. Take Exit 276 I-564 to Naval Station Norfolk
6. From I-564 take exit for Gate 3A just past the runway tunnel (100% military ID check at gate)
7. From the gate turn right at the light onto Gilbert Street.
8. Gilbert Street will end after half mile; turn right onto aircraft tow road.
9. Continue through next light as road veers to the left. Hangar will be on your right another 1/4 mile down the road.
10. Look for building pictured below and park. Closest parking spots are reserved.
11. Officers check in with CDO/SDO (upstairs Ready Room). Enlisted personnel check in with ASDO (upstairs Quarterdeck). Any questions? Call the VAW-120 Ready Room or Quarterdeck at 757-444-2719.
Note: Bring all records, orders, endorsements, travel-related receipts, new address, etc. After hours, please make sure you leave a good contact number (i.e. cell phone/relative/friend), in case we need to reach you prior to the next work day.