Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
1. Naval Safety Center web site is provided as a public service by the Department of the Navy.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to Public Affairs Officer.
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the U.S. Navy of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the Naval Safety Center may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to send email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request and not stored.
The Naval Safety Center does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser. The Naval Safety Center does use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, in order to provide accurate web statistics ie. unique users, visits and page hits. This information cannot be obtained without a session cookie that 'follows the user' through the Website. No database of information obtained from these cookies is kept and when you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer.
The Naval Safety Center uses session cookies for the sole purpose of quantifying user statistics in an effort to improve the readability and informational quality of our Website.
You may choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instructions on how to disable cookies.
POC: Webmaster | Public Affairs Officer | FOIA-NSC | Last Review: May 2, 2017