Career Waypoints (C-WAY)
FAQs for Extension of Enlistments to Complete
Prescribed Sea Tour for First Term Personnel
The Career Navigator (C-NAV) Program promulgates policy affecting enlisted career management and identifies processes designed to promote Sailor involvement in their careers. C-NAV encompasses the following Navy informational technology (IT) systems:
- Personalized Recruiting for Immediate and Delayed Enlistment (PRIDE)
- Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS)
- Career Information Management System (CIMS)
- Career Management System Interactive Detailer (CMS-ID)
- Career Waypoints (C-WAY)
The Career Waypoints (C-WAY) system is a corporate Information Technology system which provides a mechanism for matching personnel inventory to requirements with the best performing Sailors. It serves as a service continuum system and is designated as a long-term force management tool, balancing manning across rates, ratings, Active Component (AC), Full Time Support (FTS), and Reserve Component (RC) through Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS) control of the reenlistment and enlistment contract extension quotas.
The following enlisted career management processes are supported by the C-WAY system:
- Reenlistment – Applies to Sailors E3 to E6 with 14 years or less of active service between Active Duty Service Date (ADSD) and Expiration of Active Obligated Service as Extended (SEAOS) requesting authorization to either reenlist. C-WAY automatically generates most reenlistment applications for Sailors 15, 14, and 13 months prior to Projected Rotation Date (PRD) who have 24 months between PRD and SEAOS and for Sailors 16 to 13 months prior to SEAOS. Lateral conversion for Active Component (AC) and Full Time Support (FTS) and transition between AC and FTS will be submitted during the Sailors' Reenlistment looks.
- PACT Designation – C-WAY PACT Designation (Professional Apprenticeship Career Track) auto-generates partially populated applications for PACT Sailors who are eligible for rating designation via class "A" school, or Direct Rating Entry Designation (RED), or apprenticeship change. See MILPERSMAN 1306-611 for details.
- Conversion – Reserve Component (RC) Sailors who desire lateral conversion will apply via the Conversion module in C-WAY. See MILPERSMAN 1440-010, BUPERSINST 1001.39 (Series).
- Transition between Reserve Component and Active Component (AC) or Full Time Support (FTS) – RC2AC transition requests are incorporated into C-WAY. Additionally, SELRES and Voluntary Training Unit (VTU) Sailors use C-WAY to apply for both in-rate and conversion into ratings with available AC and FTS quotas, provided they meet program requirements.
- Reclassification - Utilized by the Production Management Office to reclassify AC and FTS Sailors attriting from Recruit Training Command (RTC) and class "A" school training.
- Job Opportunities in the Navy (JOIN) - Applies to all Sailors, matching Sailors interests with their aptitudes. To take the Survey go to https://join.sscno.nmci.navy.mil/
Find references supporting individual C-WAY processes, below on the right.
Points of Contact
- C-WAY Help Desk: (901) 874-2102; DSN 882-2102 or 882 5672; or email@example.com
- My Navy Call Center: (833) 330-MNCC or (901) 874-MNCC; or firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT: When emailing information to the help desk, ensure PII information is encrypted. Send Rate/Rating, First and Last Name, and UIC data only. ailing information to the help desk, ensure PII information is encrypted. Send Rate/Rating, First and Last Name, and UIC data only. Do NOT send full or partial SSN! Do NOT put this information in the Subject line of the email.
- Help improve C-WAY functionality by emailing your detailed feedback to the Help Desk.