Welcome aboard Commanding Officer navy air logistics office:
Welcome to Navy Air Logistics Office! We look forward to having you join the NALO team. Our primary function is to schedule navy air transport missions to meet unique fleet logistics requirements utilizing C-130 and C-40 aircraft.
The suggestions below will assist in your transfer to the New Orleans area:
- A. Ensure your page 2 (record of emergency data) is up to date and your family is enrolled in deers.
- B. Verify enrollment in direct deposit.
- C. If you have not heard from your sponsor within 1 week. Please contactthe sponsor coordinator via email or telephone. Please keep in close contact with your sponsor regarding your leave plans, travel arrangements(mode of travel) and any problems you may experience. Information regarding NALO may be obtained on this website: www.nalo.navy.mil. Information pertaining to Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans may be obtained by visiting Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans website at https://www.cnic.navy.mil/jrborleans/ and the city of New Orleans by visiting www.nola.gov
- D. If arriving via Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, you may want to stop by the information center (504) 303-7792 or contact them at the airport. Your sponsor or a command representative will meet you at the airport prior to your arrival, so please, provide your itinerary to your sponsor in order for him/her to arrange proper transportation for you and your family.
- E. I would also like to make you aware of some very important phone numbers and email addresses that can also be of great assistance to you and your family. The following points of contact are key players in the nalo family's lifeline. Please do not hesitate to contact them as soon as you arrive in the New Orleans area: Our Ombudsman, Mrs. Ali Adams at (720) 234-2032 or via email naloombudsmanneworleans(at)gmail.com.
- F. I welcome you and extend my best wishes for a great tour of duty.
If you encounter any sponsor difficulties, or travel problems, please do not hesitate to contact our sponsorship program coordinator, AWF1 M. Juneau, at email: micheal.juneau1(at)navy.mil or the Command Master Chief (AW) B. Stroman, at email: forrest.stroman(at)navy.mil.
Again, welcome aboard shipmate!
Capt E.A. Hoak, Commanding Officer