How do I get in contact with VTC-11?
The phone number to the command's quarterdeck is (619) 437-3827 for base information call (619) 437-1011. If you cannot get the information you are looking for through those numbers please call (619) 437-0709 ask for any YN.
Where do I get a Sponsor?
Your new work center will assign you an individual to help you complete your transfer to San Diego and help you check onboard. This person should contact you by phone or mail before you transfer and attempt to answer any question you might have about your arrival. If you have questions about your Sponsor or have not received any correspondence from your new work center, please let us know at (619) 437-0709 ask for any YN's.
Where will my family stay when we first get to San Diego?
There are several options to consider when you and your family arrive in San Diego. The first option is contacting the Navy Housing in San Diego, (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the case that housing or civilian apartments are not readily available, suitable lodging is open to service members and their families at several Navy Lodge's located in the San Diego area (for reservations, please contact the San Diego Navy Lodge at email@example.com).
Where do I first check onboard?
When checking onboard for your first time you should go directly to the VTC-11 quarterdeck located on NAB Coronado, BLDG 3. The quarterdeck is manned Monday-Friday 0630-1600. After hours contact CTG-1 at (619) 437-2572. Please have your orders ready when you arrive.
What do I wear when I check onboard?
When checking aboard for your first time you should wear your dress uniform. San Diego changes from Whites to Blues in October (winter), and from Blues to Whites in April (summer). However, your dress blues with ribbons is always a good choice regardless of what season it is.
How to I get to TACRON 11?
Directions from San Diego Airport: Upon arrival at San Diego International Airport there are several things you can do to get to the NAB Coronado and VTC-11.
1. Your first option is to arrange transportation with your sponsor or notify VTC-11 Quarterdeck that you need the duty driver.
2. Your next option is to purchase a rental car from one of the several rental car companies within the airport. This option also may not be available due to financial capabilities of some service members.
3. The third option is to pay for a taxi. The average taxi cost from the airport to the base is currently between $20 - $30. Once you have transportation from the airport, the following directions will get you to NAB Coronado:
- From the airport, proceed South on N. Harbor Drive following the signs towards I-5
- You will travel through several lights on N. Harbor Drive until Grape Street
- Turn Left on Grape Street and proceed to the top of the hill
- You will travel through several lights on Grape Street until the I-5 South Exit
- Turn right onto the I-5 South Exit
- Travel approx. 2-3 miles past the airport on I-5
- Next, exit I-5 onto the Coronado Bay Bridge (CA 75)
- Turn left on Orange Ave
- Orange Ave turns into Silver Strand. Stay on this road until you see NAB Coronado
- Turn left on Tarawa Road.
- Go straight till the second left (parking lot by the Flag pole).
- VTC-11 is located in BLDG 3.
For reference the command's address is: 3604 Guadalcanal Rd San Diego, CA 92155
Commercial: (619) 437-xxxx / DSN 577-xxxx
Fax - 9691
Commanding Officer - 3812
Executive Officer - 3813
Senior Enlisted Leader - 2560
Quarter Deck - 3827
Administrative Office - 0709
Communications Office - 3819
Operations Office - 3822
Suppy Office - 2282
Training "O" Office - 0710
Training "E" Office - 3826
ESO Office - 0711
1st LT/Mess - 0716