Prepare your Complaint for Submission to an Inspector General
If you have determined your issue is appropriate for the IG, begin gathering the information you will need to answer the following questions:
|• Who - Service member's or employee's full name, rank/grade, and duty station
• What - Specific wrongdoing and why you believe the activity was misconduct, to include the rule, regulation or law you think they violate
• Where - Location where the wrongdoing occurred
• When - Specific dates and times
• How much - Estimated dollar loss
• Why and how - Describe why and how you believe the individual perpetrated the offense
Don't forget to include:
What you have done to try to resolve the issue and
What you want the IG to do.
Remember, the more you help us the better we can assist you.