Battle "E" Award (White)
The Battle Effectiveness Award replaces the Battle Efficiency Award and retains the name Battle "E". The Battle Effectiveness Award recognizes sustained superior performance in an operational environment, and sustained continuous readiness throughout the Fleet Response Training Plan (FRTP). Eligibility for this award demands day-to-day demonstrated excellence in addition to superior achievement during certifications and qualifications conducted throughout the competitive period. It should be recognized that the Battle Effectiveness Award is not a qualification award or an award for mere excellence, but an award for being the best ship in the organization.
The requirements for obtaining the Battle Effectiveness Award are as follows:
Earn four of the six Command Excellence Awards
1) Maritime Warefare Excellence Award (Black "E")
2) Engineering/Survivability Excellence Award (Red "E")
3) Command and Control Excellence Award (Green "E")
4) Logistics Management Excellence Award (Blue "E")
5) CNSF Ship Safety Award (Yellow "E")
6) Efficiency Excellence Award (Purple "E")
For calendar year 2006, twenty-nine ships and six crews were announced as the Battle "E" winners, including four in the Mayport basin. USS Vicksburg was nominated for this distinguished honor by COMCARSTRKGRU TWO and earned five of the six Command Excellence Awards.