1. The following information is being provided to assist you in your submission of visit request letters to our facility. For unclassified visits and contract work requiring no security clearance, provide the following information.
a. Company or command name, address and phone number
b. Visitor's complete name
c. Visitor's social security number
d. Visitor's place of birth
e. Visitor's date of birth
f. Visitor's citizenship
g. Visitor's Purpose of visit
h. Duration of visit
i. Contract number if visit is in support of a contract. NOTE: If the Contract is not a COMUNDERSEASURV Dam Neck contract, the contracting company will prepare and sign their visit request letter, they will send the visit request letter to us VIA the government agency that they have the contract with, the government agency signs off on the visit request and then sends the request to us
j. Full name and office code of person to be visited
k. State whether visitors do or do not have contractor base IDs
2. This information can be submitted on an OPNAV Visit Request Form (OPNAV Form 5521/27) or in a letter. The visit request approving official's name and title must be typed on the request, the request must be signed, and visitors CANNOT sign their own visit request form unless they are from a one-person company. Contractors must fill out Form 5512/8 (Business Pass Application) for long term visits.
3. For visits or contract work performance which will require a security clearance, the following additional information is required in the letter IAW the National Industrial Security Program Manual (NISPM), DOD 5220.22-M, paragraph 6-103 (for contractor personnel) or SECNAVINST 5510.30A for civil service/military personnel:
a. Contractor's CAGE code (contractors only)
b. Certification of the level of the facility security clearance (contractors only)
c. Certification of the proposed visitor's security clearance and any special access authorizations required for the visit
4. Visits by FOREIGN NATIONALS: Additional information and specific lead-time requirements exist for visits by foreign nationals. Contact the COMUNDERSEASURV DAM NECK Security Office for details regarding these types of visits.
5. Please submit all visit authorization letters or OPNAV Visit Request Forms (OPNAV Form 5521/27) to our facility using the address below. To expedite, we will accept faxed visit requests:
Commander, Undersea Surveillance, Dam Neck VA
Attn: Security Manager Code N16
373 Bullpup St., Virginia Beach, VA 23461-2198
Security Manager - Betty Bray
(757) 492-5107/(DSN) 492-5107
Security Assistant - Ron Merrill
(757) 492-5108/(DSN) 492-5108
FAX: (757) 492-7100/(DSN) 492-7100
6. For driving directions to the command click here.