COMUNDERSEASURV logo

COMMANDER, UNDERSEA SURVEILLANCE (CUS)


Naval Facility San Salvador
December 1954 - January 1970

NAVFAC Adak PUC

Naval Facility San Salvador was commissioned 18 September 1954. Located at the far east end of the Bahamas chain of Islands, Naval Facility San Salvador was an arid, isolated duty station with a twelve-month tour of duty. With the exception of the climate, San Salvador was very sparse in amenities. Naval Facility San Salvador operated for sixteen years before its decommissioning on 31 January 1970.

NAVFAC Adak Building