Naval Facility Coos Head
May 1958 - November 1987
Naval Facility Coos Head was commissioned 13 May 1958. The facility was situated on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean at the entrance to Coos Bay, Oregon, the finest natural harbor between San Francisco and Seattle. Naval Facility Coos Head had an allowance of twelve officers, ninety-five enlisted and 15 civilians until 1987. Decommissioned after twenty-nine years in a fully operational status, NAVFAC Coos Head was remoted to Whidbey Island on 30 November 1987.