Naval Facility Centerville Beach
March 1958 - September 1993
Naval Facility Centerville Beach was commissioned on 25 March 1958. From the original compliment of ninety-five personnel and sixteen buildings, it grew to 280 personnel and twenty-four major structures. The facility was located approximately 260 miles north of San Francisco and 100 miles south of the Oregon border. It was situated on thirty-seven acres of rolling pasture land on a 320 foot cliff overlooking the Eel River Valley to the North and bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the West. In addition to its operational responsibilities, NAVFAC Centerville Beach also marked the location of the Readiness Training Facility from 1978 to 1985. After weathering three earthquakes in 1992, NAVFAC Centerville Beach was re-terminated at NOPF Whidbey Island and decommissioned 30 September 1993 after nearly thirty-five years of dedicated service.