Integrated Barcode System (IBS)-One provides an automated method to collect and interpret linear and non-linear barcode information contained within supply chain documents, affixed to material, or attached to storeroom/warehouse location using mobile barcode scanners.
IBS-One is sponsored by the Logistics Afloat Support Suite (LASS) Team (formerly Wizard Works), a Fleet Supply Policy Council-sponsored, Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP)-directed, development group responding to fleet ideas for improvements in automated afloat and ashore supply management.
Over time IBS-One evolved into a system framework where supply management applications reside. Under the LASS concept, research, development and sustainment is conducted on PC-based applications using commercial software and hardware that interface with other NAVSUP sponsored business systems and applications. Recommendations are made to the NAVSUP functional manager and the fleet with the goals of rapid prototype, development, and deployment to the fleet and other users.
Originally charted by NAVSUP at COMNAVAIRLANT in 1989, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic (SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic) assumes responsibility as technical point of contact and systems integrator. Under SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic, centralized management of the LASS effort is maintained through:
- Life cycle management
- Coordinated tasking with NAVSUP N62
- Consolidation of products
- Configuration management
- Platform compatibility testing
• Integrated Barcode System-One (IBS-One) v105-02.03.00 is a client workstation application that provides an automated method to collect and interpret linear and non-linear barcode information contained within supply chain documents, affixed to material, or attached to storeroom/warehouse location using Portable Data Collection Terminals (PDCT), i.e., mobile barcode scanners. IBS supports mission critical logistics and financial functions, which include receipt processing, scheduled and spot inventories, location audits, storeroom/warehouse relocations, and barcode label creation and printing via fixed and portable barcode printers. In addition to the productivity gains achieved by users of IBS, accurate data collection at the point of issue or receipt results in faster and more accurate transaction reporting up-line, which reduces workload for the Type Commander and supply chain managers. This version of IBS-One can be installed on any type of system configured as an IT-21/ISNS or NMCI workstation. Host systems include Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS), RSupply and MicroSNAP.
• IBS-One v105-02.03.10 contains three applications: Integrated Barcode System (IBS), Fleet Image Management System (FIMS), and IBS/ Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (IBS/DMLSS). This version upgrades legacy IBS-ONE v105-02.03.00 with the capability to authenticate the IBS (PC) and IBS Mobile device users by CAC; ensures full compatibility with Windows 7 operating system, and supports the NTCSS RSupply Patriot release. IBS-One v105-02.03.10 also introduces FIMS and IBS/DMLSS to the fleet. FIMS replaces the manual effort required to manage paper-based common supply chain documents using a Panasonic KV-S1025C desktop scanner. The addition of FIMS allows the site to meet the Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) requirement for Supply receipts. IBS/DMLSS provides near identical IBS functionality to the DMLSS-Maritime Medical Modules (DMLSS-MMM) system. These areas are: receipt processing, inventory processing and label printing and provides the same report generation features for the associated processes. IBS-One can be installed on any type of system configured as an IT-21/ISNS or NMCI workstation. Host systems include NTCSS RSupply POR, MicroSNAP and TMIP-M (Theater Medical Information Program-Maritime).
Integrated Barcode System One (IBS-One)