Liberty will be granted in accordance with the Army Training Brigade and ECRC Leave/Liberty policies.
Liberty may commence only after required training is complete to include barracks cleanliness and weapons cleanliness.
During training week (Monday-Friday), off-base liberty is limited to travel between McCrady Training Center and Fort Jackson and ends at 2100 daily.
Saturday liberty is incumbent upon the completion of training and upon release by your Company Cadre. Authorized liberty will end at 2100 Sunday unless otherwise dictated.
- 100 mile limit radius for weekend liberty.
- All overnight liberty requires a Request Chit provided by your Company’s Senior Enlisted Leader and approved by NIACT OIC.
- Deadline to submit Request Chits is 1800 Thursday.
You are authorized to use your POV for weekend liberty only. At the expense of the student, rental cars are authorized for liberty.
MWR vehicles are not authorized for liberty.
Authorized Taxis allowed on base are:
- Colonial Limo (877-701-5466/803-665-3100/803-477-4300)
- Blue Bird Taxi (803-754-8163)
- Capitol Taxi (803-794-2225)
- Checker Cab (803-799-3311)
- Rates for 1-4 passengers range from $30 to $63.00 as specified to the below areas:
**The above are set rates for up to 4 personnel. If you are overcharged, make sure the following information is passed to the Logistics Chief as soon as possible after the overcharge has occurred.
- Fort Jackson Proper $30.00
- Columbia Airport Area $49.00
- Downtown Columbia (5 Points/Vista) $32.00
- Columbiana Center $63.00
- Columbia Place Mall $40.00
- Sandhill Mall $40.00
Only Red Cross verified emergency leave requests will be authorized.