Fort Gordon is named in honor of John Brown Gordon, a major general in the Confederate army, a Georgia governor, and a U.S. Senator. Fort Gordon's technical name is the U.S. Army Signal Center & Fort Gordon (USASCFG).
FT Gordon, Augusta Georgia Points of contact:
ETCM Johnson: 706-791-2411
Lodging: Griffith Hall, Building 250, Open 24 Hours Daily, PBX 706-790- 3676
Fort Gordon main number: 706-791-2613
Transportation to Ft. Gordon, Augusta Georgia
Flying in Airport: Columbia Metropolitan Airport and Hartsfield Atlanta International.
Driving Directions from Columbia Metropolitan Airport (AGS)
- Start out going west on GA-56 Spur/ Tobacco Rd toward Doug Barnard pkwy/ GA-56 Spur S/ New Savannah Rd.
- Continue to follow Tobacco Rd.
- Tobacco Rd becomes Avenue of The States DR (Gate access required).
Driving Directions from Hartsfield Atlanta International (ATL)
- Start out going South on Airport Boulevard toward Airport Cir.
- Turn Right onto Riverdale Rd/GA-139.
- Take the I-85 S ramp toward Montgomery.
- Merge onto I-285 E/GA-407 E via the exit on the Left toward Macon.
- Merge onto I-20 E/GA-402 E via Exit 46B toward Augusta.
- Take the GA-383/Belair Rd exit, Exit 194, toward Dyess Pkwy.
- Turn Right onto Jimmie Dyess Pkwy/Belair Rd/S Belair Rd/GA-383 S.
- Continue to follow Jimmie Dyess Pkwy/GA-383 S.
- Jimmie Dyess Pkwy/GA-383 S becomes Chamberlain Ave (Gate access required).
ECRC IA Navy Liaison Office: (785) 240-1342
Fort Gordon main number: (706) 791-2613
Fort Gordon website: www.gordon.army.mil
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) is your Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and maintains administrative supervision during your Individual Augmentee Training.